Monday, January 4, 2016

November 2, 2015 - Return to the Field!

Hey guys!

This has been a pretty crazy and awesome week!  So I got here and stayed the night at the secretary's house and it wasn't until the next day that I met with Elder Jimenez!! He's from Pueblo Mexico and only speaks Spanish, which is fantastic!!!!  We really have gotten along together so far, and its great! 

Ok, so far Ive been working so hard this week that I'm afraid I'll wear out my new shoes in a a couple more weeks if I keep this up.  when I got to my area, i found out that we barely had any investigators and hardly anybody ready to baptize....  Want to know why? Because the elders before me were lazy and didn't work and were disobedient to all of the rules!!!  It took about a day for me to get my bearings, but after that first day I kicked things into motion in my are.

I'm in a small colony called Girasoles!!!  Anyway we started contacting every single person that we saw, and we've gotten over 40 new people this week now.  We've walked just about everywhere looking for people, and after a meeting that we had in our zone, i found out that our goal as a mission is 849 people this month, and our goal as a zone is 134!!!!  WOW!  I had no idea how my area was going to give even 3 this month, until I went through our registro de area and found 13 people old investigators) who are ready to be baptized.  So with them, we have a chance of bringing even more people to the faith this month!  Now don't worry, I'm not focusing on the numbers.  I know that I've been working with the Spirit, and I have faith that if i continue to give the mission my all, the Lord will be with me every step of the way testifying of the words that my compañero and I speak, and that only through him will I be able to bring others to the faith.  Love you all!  Animoooooooooooooooo!  This is the true church of God!!!!!!!!!

Oh! and I climbed a mountain today with my zone!! Love you all!!!

Siempre Fuerte,,,,,,,,,,,,
David Pettingill
(pictures will come once i figure out how to use this camera!)

No comments:

Post a Comment