Friday, January 29, 2016

January 25, 2016 - Hangin' in there!



Hey guys, its your favorite Mexican Missionary otra vec!!!!!!!

Hmmmm, what happened this week........  This week we actually didn't have much time to work in our own area.  Since my comp is district leader, we had to go around and help the other people in our district with some of their investigators since they were going to get baptized this week.  I had the opportunity to baptize one of them, so that was great!  
 
On Friday we called a bunch of members and found one who wanted to spend the day with us, so we did divisions and I went off with him in my area, while my comp stayed with the Zone Leaders. He was looking for more members to split off with, but couldn´t find any.  Anyway, this day we were meeting with the Menonites, so that was great.  We got two families over there who are actually pretty interested, which is more than we thought we would have!
 
Jorge and his family are doing awesome!  My comp and I are basically part of their family now, and they cook super awesome!  Every time we go they offer us food, or fresh baked cookies, stuff like that! They're progressing a lot, and enjoy learning from us!  The ward here is going to the temple this next week, and this family was asking us about the temple and stuff and so it was a wonderful discussion about the temple, authority, and the Doctrine of Christ.
 
We also received training from the Missionary Department back in Utah.  This training was for all the missionaries in the whole world!  It was super awesome, and I learned a lot.  Basically the main focus is teach repentance and baptize converts, and they taught us how to be better missionaries. I learned a lot, and and am applying what  I learned, and can really see the difference!  Sorry this letter is so short!!!!  Hope you guys like the picture of me almost falling off the bridge!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment