Monday, February 13, 2017

January 30, 2017 - tough week

So this last week had more downfalls then rising successes, sadly, however, at least I can say that we did work as hard as we could.  

We had several really cool investigators drop us, along with a baptism planned that ended up being cancelled at the last second.  Its been a rough week, but happily that's why we have the Sacrament.  Another week to start over, and give it the best shot that you can.  
We still haven't confirmed it yet, however we are hoping to have a baptism this week, either the one that fell last week (a 18 year old named Clarisa, shes super awesome, and has been investigating the church for over a year now.  The only thing that stands in her way are her parents.)  Another one is another 18 year old named Edgar, hes been investigating with us for several weeks, and only needs to receive his answer before he steps into the baptismal font.  

Sometimes the little chant of Dory from Finding Nemo pops up in my head.... ´´Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming´´....  In my case, I'm learning this to be of absolute value.  

A lot of times a lot of things just happen that ruin a lot of your plans.  You get put in situations that you don't like, or the days seem to last an eternity..... In these times is when you really need to lean on the Savior.  We need to have faith that He has a plan for us, and that we just have to do our best.  In my case, I now have a similar chant.  ´´Just do the best you can, with what you got.´´  This has turned into a lesson that I've been learning the hard way these past few weeks, however, I can promise all you loved ones at home that this is exactly what I'm doing.  I'm making the best out of what I have out here. Sometimes its hardly anything, other times its with an abundance.  I make the best out of whatever comes my way.

I love you guys a ton, I'm still not dead or ´´trunky´´ out here,

Elder Pettingill

No comments:

Post a Comment