Wednesday, January 4, 2017

November 22, 2016 - Transfers

I'm not dead!  Don't worry, just didn't have time to go write yesterday because I was in a bus all day long for transfers......

Guess who has a new son?!?!?!?!  Soy yo!!!!!!  I'm training Elder Mendoza, who's from Bolivia!   Brand new, and day 1 in the field.... Wow, I remember that day all that time ago...... I'm going to be training him his whole training, so I'm going to be here for another 2 cycles in Jimenez!!! WOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

He is super awesome, almost as tall as I am, and is totally down to go running in the mornings!  And he's wanting to do the same stuff that I want to after the mission!  We get along great! And I'm super excited for this opportunity to create the best missionary possible! Even better yet is that there are no bad influences (from missionaries) out here in Jimenez, so now, all the molding is in Gods hands, and mine!  Woo!!!!!

Teaching with the Spirit out here!  Got several investigators who are learning a ton! Super happy!

Alright, spiritual thought.... Better yet, spiritual question!  We all know that we are children of God, and that he has given us this opportunity to be here on earth to learn and to grow. Now, question...... What is your potential?  Why has God given you this opportunity? What can you become, if you follow the gospel?  The answer, is plainly stated in the scriptures, however its also written upon our very beings.....

When a dog, has a baby, what does that baby grow up to be?  When an Eagle has a baby eaglet, what does it grow up to be, and what can it then do?  You as a child of God, what can you grow up to be?  How can you get to that point? That's a question I want you to ponder in the spirit of prayer, I love you all!

Elder Pettingill

No comments:

Post a Comment