Wednesday, January 4, 2017

December 5, 2016 - Juan got baptized!

Baptism of Juan!

Hey guys!  

The cold has officially begun.......   I can't decide which I dislike more, the cold or the heat...... In the summer I was melting, yes, however now I feel like I'm being frozen into a popsikle!!!!  (Yes I'm forgetting how to write English).....

Training Elder Mendoza is going great! He's still learning a ton, and is loving his time here in Mexico!  Yes, we're still leaving every morning to go running, even though its a whole lot colder, that just means I have to run harder to heat up faster!  

Remember Juan? Who found the Book of Mormon in the trashcan?  Yes, he finally got baptized this last week!!!!!!  WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!  Super great story, and a life changed completely.  I know for sure that Juan will stay strong forever, because now he's preparing to receive the Melchizedek Priesthood, and to go to the Temple in a year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   

We've got a lot of great plans for this month in sharing the message of the Restored Gospel!  Once we've put some into action, I'll tell you about it, cause there's a lot and some were so big that other people thought it would be impossible to bring about so they canceled it.....  Its ok though, I'm humbling myself sufficiently to accept it, even though I knew exactly what would have to be done, and how we would have to do it.....   

Being Humble, the biggest struggle of any individual to master.  Still working on it, however for those who think that humility is a trait that is undesirable, I highly suggest to look it up, and study it.  Humility, with courage can defy any power that believes its unstoppable.  How? Well, when your humble, first you know in who you must depend. Which is God.  If you know your doing His Will, then that will give you the courage to accomplish what you know is right!  

Love you guys a ton,
Elder Pettingill

No comments:

Post a Comment