Wednesday, May 3, 2017

April 17, 2017 - Happy Easter!


Rita's baptism


Making muffins


Happy Late Easter!!!!!!
As you can see from the picture below, I'm pretty sure my wonderful mother passed my address on to the Easter bunny.....  Haha thanks mom!

This last week was pretty great!  A lot happened, and it was all great!!!!

At the beginning of the week we started off with Rita asking us about a lot of questions that she had gotten from her family.  A lot of misconceptions that people have about us Mormons, however we answered all her questions and everything turned out well!  

She told us that she was pretty sure what her family was telling her wasn't true, (which it wasn't) however she said that even if it was, sh'ed still follow through with her baptism because she had received her answer from God that she needed to do it.  Another of the wonderful blessings of being part of the only church on earth that Christ fully supports!!!!

So, for her baptism, we made muffins!  Yes, me and Elder Martinez made muffins!!!!!!  We used the church oven while the font was filling up, and honestly, they turned out pretty well!!!  Was super happy with how they turned out!!!!

So another thing we had to do for the baptism was iron skirts.... We had to get them ready since our Mission Leader was out of town for the weekend, and well I can  tell you guys that ironing skirts is very difficult.... 

Another really fun thing I was able to do this week was study my patriarchal blessing.  For returning missionaries the church has you do a program to help you make plans and goals for the future, and part of that is studying your patriarchal blessing to help you plan ahead for the future.  I've read my blessing hundreds of times, however I've never actually studied it.  The revelation that I was able to receive was incredible, and I'm really looking forward to all the new trials and adversity that will come after this period of my life. I'm happy, and working hard out here, however I'm not so worried about what comes next.

Love you guys a ton!
Elder Pettingill

No comments:

Post a Comment