Wednesday, September 7, 2016

July 25, 2016 - Buenas Tardes, from the HOTTEST place in my mission!!!!

New comp Elder Calizaya

Hermanas version of District

Buenas Tardes, from the HOTTEST place in my mission!!!!

Sorry I didn't write you all this past week, had transfers and everything went crazy!  So I got transferred to a city out in the middle of nowhere called Jimenez.  It's the city that's the most far to the south of Chihuahua, near the border of the mission.  Its a beautiful city, and its SUPER FLAT, and SUPER HOT, however its great and I'm already excited for all the new possibilities in this new city!

Still DL, however wha'ts interesting is that my district is an hour away from me in the city of Parral (My first area when I started the mission), so doing divisions and getting everything done in the little time that we have during the week is going to be super fun to figure out.  I'm basically going to be carrying around a small little duffle bag for the first half of every week helping my district out in Parral, then returning to make sure everything is going smoothly in my area in Jimenez.
Jimenez has an interesting story, however to save you guys from the long cheezy rumors, I'll give you the basic run down.  Basically Jimenez is a city about the size of Castle Rock back at home, it's pretty big, and there are a ton that can, and needs to be done! There used to be 8 Elders in Jimenez, a while ago, and Jimenez really has the potential to become its own zone.  The only thing is that the Elders that were here in the transfer before.... Well they weren't the best of Elders. Basically I came into Jimenez finding out that nothing has been done (Missionary Work wise) for a long time.....  So I'm basically opening up the area here, with 2 old investigators who were being taught by different elders 2 cycles ago.  So I'm super excited to opening this area, and me and my comp are going to start seeing some really great fruits pretty soon.
My new comp, his name is Elder Calizaya!  He's from Peru, and he just barely finished his training this last cycle.  Honestly, the only way to describe him is that his just a big goofball.  Hes super awesome and Hilarious, and it seems like hes ready to really ´put his shoulder to the wheel´!!!  Which we're going to have to, cause there's a TON of work to do, and not enough time to do it.
Honestly that's what it really comes down to.  Time is the one thing that we can never have enough of.  It's not something that we can buy, and time is always going by faster than we realize!  I may only have 9 more months in the mission, however that time is going to go by SUPER fast!  How do you use your time? Are you in the pursuit of worthy goals and pursuits? Or are you wasting the time that God has given you in pursuits that really don't matter?  What's the best use of your time?
One of my favorite scriptures can be found in Moroni 9:6,  And now, my beloved son, notwithstanding their hardness, let us labor diligently; for if we should cease tolabor, we should be brought under condemnation; for we have a labor to perform whilst in this tabernacle of clay, that we may conquer the enemy of all righteousness, and rest our souls in the kingdom of God.

We all have been given our time to perform our labors here on Earth.  First off we have to make sure our own souls will be ready for when our time comes to an end, and if we have assured our own Eternal Life, then our duty is to then help our many brothers and sisters come to a knowledge of their state before God, so that they may begin to exercise their work, repent of their sins, baptize and receive the gift of the Holy Ghost as a sign to our Father in Heaven that they are ready to follow His Son, and return to live the rest of Eternity in our Home Celestial.
  
Don't waste your time on things that don't matter, please.  Time goes faster than you think, and someday, we'll have to stand before God to give Him a report of how we used the Time that He gave us.
I love you all, and I hope you all have a wonderful week!
Elder Pettingill
ps. The other foto is a foto of my district that one of the hermans drew! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment