Thursday, March 31, 2016

March 28, 2016 - Tortillas and a Testimony...

Baptism

David and Elder Loftus making tortillas

Elders with a model investigator (literally)!

Espero que tuvieron un bueno Pascua!!!!

This last week was a great week of learning, and helping people come unto Christ through his everlasting Gospel here on earth.  I've been learning and growing so much in the knowledge that Christ is our Savior, and only through his the doctrine of his Gospel, which is faith in Him, Repenting of your sins, Baptism by those who hold the Priesthood keys to authorize it, receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end. I know without a doubt that only by living this doctrine that he gave us can we be saved throughout all eternity with those that we love by our side.  I wish to give my personal testimony that only by living this gospel and Doctrine of Christ can we truly find happiness in this life, and even better yet, in the eternities.  This doctrine isn't just for those who haven´t been baptized in the Church of Jesus Christ, its the same for all saints of His church.  If you are not living this doctrine, I invite you to study this doctrine, to live this doctrine, and as a representative of Jesus Christ, I promise you that you will find the blessing of heaven open ever wider unto you, and you will find true happiness.  I promise you, it is possible to begin a New Life, in Jesus Christ, no matter where you are, or how far off the path you feel you are, it is possible.  I testify of these things to you, in the Name of Jesus Christ, Amen.  

So I started off this week with getting a district activity started to help us feel more united in our district!  Guess what we did? We made Tortillas and Burritos!!!!!!!  The Hermanas had a great time, and I can officially say I know how to make tortillas now, which has always eluded me.... (I also learned how to make crepes, YUM!!!) 
 
Life is a whole lot more busy now, but also a whole lot more spiritual!  We're running around, giving interviews for people who wish to be baptized, helping people to really understand what baptism is, and we're seeing a lot of fruits coming out of all of this! We had a total of 3 baptisms this past week, and well, we'll see how many this next week, but everything is going awesome! We're always finding new people, always teaching the Gospel of Repentance, and I can really see peoples lives going for the better!  
A lot of people were gone this past week in vacations, and so we're going to have a lot more lessons this week than the last one, (there's nothing better than teaching with the Spirit!)  Everything's going great with the comp, haven't had any run ins with dogs for a bit!  Love you guys a lot!
 
Elder Pettingill

No comments:

Post a Comment