Wednesday, February 24, 2016

February 22, 2016 - Very special baptism and a wedding!

Venegas family baptism!
David with Zone leader on Zone leader's bday at Applebee's
Jorge and Yadira Venegas at Applebee's right after their wedding :)
Service project - they moved a pile of rocks from one side to the other so that a house could be built there.
Giant hole in the ground on the way to the Menonites
David and Octavio Marqez
Marquez family
Jorge Venegas at work
This week literally flew by!!!!!!    A lot of this week was just getting everything ready for baptisms again on Saturday, and most everything went great!
This week, we only went to the Menonites once.  Only had time for that.  On our way there though (we have to walk for an hour to get there) we found a GIANT HOLE in the ground!!!!   I'm not talking about a ten foot hole, but like a giant mine!!!! It was probably at least 75 feet deep, and about 100 feet wide!  All man made, with a lot of water at the bottom.  I wouldn't have been surprised if I had gone down there and swam another fifteen feet to the bottom of that pool!  It was awesome, and we still don't know why it was there, or what they used it for.
The German is coming along too! I'm learning it, slowly but surely!  It'll be a while until I can teach in German too, especially since I found out I'm learning higher German, and the Menonites speak lower German (I'm told there's only slight differences).
Everything else is going great!  The investigators are learning, most of them excited about what they're learning, and we`re not having too many problems!  One really cool experience is that I gave a Book of Mormon to an investigator, and found out two days later that she was already in 2 Nephi 14!  She and her family are really coming far!
We got the Mom and Dad married in the family Venegas!  Everything went smoothly and then I took them to Applebees after!!!  I was with the Zone Leader, and it was his birthday too, so it kinda worked out perfectly.  The menus here in Mexico are different! I had a burger that was put between 2 tortillas! It was soooo good!  Jorge and Yadira loved the restaurant too, they had never been there before, and love it now!
The whole family got baptized this week!  This family is incredibly special, and are basically my family too now!  They asked me to baptize all of them, and the Mom also wanted me to confirm her.   They told me later after the baptism, that it was the way that I taught and the way that I approached them that really got them interested in the gospel, and how they came to know it was true.  That definitely didn't help out with my humility, but this family is always going to have a special place in my heart!
This next week we have one baptism lined up for Wednesday!  A fifteen year old girl, named Alejandra! Shes super excited, and the rest of her family are coming along in the teaching!
Oh! Forgot to tell you guys that there is not a single vaccination of Tetanus here in Cuauhtehmoc!  It didn't bother me to much (I was told that it was going to be a really long needle, and a LOT of medication), until I asked the lady what tetanus did to you. I didn't understand her at first, but I understood what she was doing. She was saying that tetanus slowly constricts your nerves until you die.  What more scared me was how she showed me, and the sounds she was making.  It wasn`t pretty.  BUT good news is, is that I'm not dead!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Haha so that's it for this week! No new injuries!  Feeling great and happy! Love working in the vineyard of our Lord!
Oh, I also need to give a special shout out to my cousin Clifford Pettingill! He finished his misison, and now is off to other things.... Can't say bigger and better, cause there's nothing better than being on a mission!!!!! :D
Siempre Fuerte,
Elder Pettingill

No comments:

Post a Comment