Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Week 1 in the MTC!

Hey guys! I'm missing you all a lot and its crazy here at the MTC!!   I've learned so much here already and it's only been a week!  My Prep Day (P Day) is on Wednesdays so I'll be sending an email out every Wednesday, though if you write me letters I'll be able to write you guys some a lot more than a week and it'll be more personal to you!  We are in a classroom for 9 hours a day!

So our day is typically like this- Wake up at 6:30 - breakfast at 7:30 - Class starts at 8- then at 11;25 we have a gym hour!  They actually have weights here!!!! So I've been lifting and during that and getting in better shape (actually think I've lost a few pounds) - then lunch until 1:40 then straight to class! Dinner is then at 5:25 and then another 3 hours of class from 6-9pm!

I've learned so much while I've been here, and I love every second of it!  The second day I was here though, I was assigned to be the district leader!!!!!  Already a District Leader and only 2 days into it!!!!  My companion is a great guy, Elder Warden.   He's actually a lot like Caleb Gray, so he's pretty fun!  Meeting a ton of people and just having a blast!

I've been feeling a little overwhelmed here, the teachers won't speak anything but Spanish unless we ask what a word they say is (wouldn't have it any other way) and I'm actually starting to understand about 65% of it now!  Its been such a spiritual on rush, and I definitely feel the spirit here!  We had a devotional from Elder Bednar last night (of the quorum of the twelve apostles) and he just gave us a ton of advice, and we have a ton of speakers and devotionals and for me a lot of meetings as district leader.  Doing my best as the DL, I'm pretty sure the guys enjoy having me as DL!  I'm learning to love others more and have more charity and hope, and learning that as missionaries we aren't trying to convert, but trying to love others and get to know them more so we can find out how we can help ease their burdens and bring peace to them through God.  Love you guys all so much!  Keep sending me letters and I will reply!!!  My Address is:

Elder David Daniel Pettingill
OCT27 MEX-CHI
2023 N 900 E unit 849
Provo UT 84602

Love you all and think of you guys!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment