Wednesday, May 25, 2016

April 18, 2016 - It's getting hot!


This week has been going great!  We´ve been working on a a lot of new ways to find new investigators, and to get our current ones even more excited for baptism, and we've found a lot!  We´ve recently been helping a lot of new kids start getting ready for baptism, we´ve been teaching them, playing soccer, and just being good friends.  Its actually pretty funny, this last Sunday we just pulled up to their apartment complex, honked our horn 3 times, and all the kids and a couple adults all came running out and started piling into our truck!  I´ll take some photos this week, but it's all going pretty awesome!

We've been having a lot of activities that we've been helping out with, and My comp and I are basically in charge of running all the mission activities that we have every 2 weeks on Wednesday.  This last Wednesday we had a small turnout, but it was a BIG hit!  We basically just had a bunch of small silly little competitions as a branch, and everybody was hooting and hollering and having a great time.  I had to cook 80 hotdogs though.  That wasn't fun.   We used it for a hotdog eating contest. 
 
We're still going around, interviewing the investigators of the hermanas, and they are all getting closer to bautismo!  One of them is getting baptized this week, and then another of ours is baptizing as well.  
 
My comp and are I getting along great, we've finally got everything figured out as new district leaders, and the only thing that's going on is that its getting really HOT here!!!!!!!!  WOW!!!!  No me gusta el calor!  The only good thing about all this is that now that its not so cold in the mornings, I'm working out a whole lot better, and I've lost a ton of weight!  I'm actually skinny now.....  I had to go buy new pants and new shirts!  
 
This is going to be a nice long hot summer, but at least I only have to go through it once ;)  Next week I'll have a year in the mission.......
 
Elder Pettingill

No comments:

Post a Comment